Who we are
Our website address is: mtcardronastation.co.nz
20 September 2021
Mt Cardrona Station Village Limited (Mt Cardrona Station, us, we or our) is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the security of any personal information you provide to us.
This policy applies to our processing of any personal information you provide to us, or which may be collected by us, via this website (Website) or otherwise, including for example, if you email us for further information about Mt Cardrona Station or our residences.
All personal information you provide to us, will be collected, held and otherwise processed by us in accordance with this policy and all applicable privacy laws.
For the purposes of this policy:
- “applicable privacy laws” means the Privacy Act 2020 (NZ) together with all other data privacy laws applicable to our processing of your personal information;
- “personal information” means identifiable information about you, for example your name, email, address, telephone number and so on. If you cannot be identified (for example, when personal information has been aggregated and anonymised) then certain parts of this policy may not apply to that information; and
- where we refer to “processing” your personal information, we mean all activities relating to our use of that personal information, from its collection through to its storage and disposal and everything in between.
We encourage you to read this policy carefully. If you have any questions, please contact our privacy officer using the details set out at the bottom of this policy.
How we collect your personal information
Information you provide to us directly
We may collect personal information directly from you:
- when you use the Website, including by filling in any of the online forms available on the Website, leaving comments on the Website or subscribing to any of our mailing lists;
- when you contact us requesting further information about us or any of the village residences or station facilities (together our Services). Such contact data may include your name, email address, telephone number, postal address and/or communication preferences;
- when you apply to become a village resident or Station Club member, in connection with the processing of your membership, including in order to respond to any questions you may have regarding the membership process or our Services. Such membership data may include your contact details, business details and/or preferences;
- if you are a village resident or Station Club member, as required in order to for us to:
- facilitate the provision of our Services to you; or
- to facilitate any transaction, including purchases of any of our Services, that you enter into with us or through our Website. Such transaction data may include your payment card details and the transaction details;
- comply with, or enforce our rights under any agreement, legal document or by-law governing our relationship with our residents and Station Club members (Applicable Mt Cardrona Station Terms); or
- to the extent otherwise necessary in order to provide you with any Service.
Information collected from third parties
We may collect personal information about you from third parties with your consent or where otherwise permitted by law.
Please note where you provide us with any third party personal information, you must have that third party’s consent to do so. By providing us any third party personal information, you warrant that you have that third party’s permission to provide that information to us.
Information collected automatically
To make the Website more useful to you, our servers may collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit. In order for you to access certain functionality of the Website, a cookie or cookies may need to be installed on your device. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
We use the following third party software in connection with this Website:
Most internet browsers give you the option to reject all cookies, accept all cookies, erase cookies stored on your device or be notified before a cookie is stored on your device. However, if you reject or erase the cookies referred to above some features or services of the Website will not function properly or may not be fully available. Please refer to your internet browser instructions if you want to find out more about rejecting or erasing cookies.
How we use your personal information
We will primarily use your information to provide you with any information and/or Services you have requested. We may also use your personal information:
- relationship and communications – to monitor, respond to and/or keep records of our e-mail communications and other correspondence with you;
- transactions – to provide our Services, provide you with information in respect of our Services and residences, generate invoices and other payment-related documentation as well as enhance and improve our Services to you;
- site operation – to operate, improve and enhance the Website. We may analyse the use of any of the Website to ensure that the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- marketing – if you opt-in to receive information about our promotional offers and/or newsletters from us, we may use your personal information to contact you by email and/or post with the information you have opted-in to receive;
- membership support – if you are a village resident or Station Club member:
- to support your use of any Service, this may include assisting with providing you with the information you have requested or the resolution of issues relating to any Service, whether by email or otherwise;
- to ensure the proper operation, maintenance and repair of our facilities;
- to publicise activities and events at Mt Cardrona Station;
- to comply with and enforce our rights under the Applicable Mt Cardrona Station Terms;
- to implement any design guidelines and control mechanisms in respect of developed properties as set out in the Applicable Mt Cardrona Station Terms; or
- to facilitate communication between village residents and/or Station Club member and third party service providers who support the provision of our Services;
- record keeping and reporting – to create and maintain our databases, back-up copies of our databases and business records generally. We may also use your personal information to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with third parties;
- security – in order to detect and/or prevent any illegal activity that may threaten us, the Website or any of our Services or facilities;
- legal claims and risk management – where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. We may also use your personal information where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance, managing risks and/or obtaining professional advice; and
- legal compliance – in order to comply with any applicable laws and/or regulations or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
We will not keep your personal information for longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations.
How we may share your personal information
There will be times when we need to share your personal information with third parties. Where we do disclose your personal information to third parties, we do so in connection with the purposes outlined above and will use reasonable efforts to make those third parties aware of the terms of this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- third party service providers – third parties who assist and enable us to use your personal information to support delivery of our Services to you (including this Website), for example, these third party service providers may include:
- third party real estate agents, for the purpose of providing you information about our village residences;
- payment processors engaged by us to securely store or handle payments information, such as credit or debit card details;
- providers of services that provide aggregated reports on Website activity;
- providers of email management and distribution tools, printing services and other communications distribution services; and
- web-hosting companies;
- regulatory authorities – to regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where it is necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulation, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights (including where applicable, pursuant to any Applicable Mt Cardrona Station Terms);
- legal rights / vital interest – where the disclosure is otherwise required by law or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person; or
- consent – to other third parties where we have your consent.
Where any disclosure is to a third party located outside New Zealand we will only make that disclosure in accordance with the requirements for overseas transfers of personal information as set out in the applicable privacy laws. You may request more information about the safeguards that we have put in place in respect of transfers of personal information to jurisdictions outside of New Zealand by contacting our privacy officer using the details below.
Under the Privacy Act 2020 (NZ) you have certain rights in connection with your personal information, including rights to:
- request access to your personal information; and
- request correction of your personal information.
If you are located outside of New Zealand or a resident of an overseas jurisdiction you may have additional rights under other applicable privacy laws, including for example the right to request erasure of your personal information or the right to data portability.
If you have any questions regarding your rights in connection with this policy or wish to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact our privacy officer using the details below. Please note that, if you are located in New Zealand, there are some statutory exceptions (contained in Part 4 of the Privacy Act 2020 (NZ)) where your request for access to your personal information may be denied.
If you are unsatisfied with the handling of your question and/or request, please contact our privacy officer to advise us of your concerns and, if we are unable to reach a satisfactory resolution, you may wish to take your complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner in New Zealand (or your local data protection authority) for a review of your complaint.
We may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues that you raise.
Changes to this policy
We may need to update this policy from time to time, including when necessary to reflect changes to the Website, updates to our services or to reflect any changes in law.
When we update this policy, we will revise the “Last updated” at the top of this policy. Where the changes are material, we will use reasonable endeavours notify you – usually by prominently posting a notice of those changes on the Website or by sending you an email.
This Website is owned and operated by Mt Cardrona Station.
If you have any questions about what personal information we hold about you or you have a question or feedback for us on this policy or the Website, please get in touch with our privacy officer using the contact details set out below:
Mt Cardrona Station Privacy Officer